Hearing loss is usually a slow process, making it easy to disregard the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Even though children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. So why should your hearing be any less relevant than your vision?
It’s essential to have routine hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can expose potential hearing issues. Do you regularly need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy settings? Are you constantly cranking up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you said yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing issues, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations give a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, enabling you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can detect problems early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for prompt treatment and avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these conditions, treating it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of neglected hearing loss. Staying alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully take part in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can improve your overall quality of life.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or a loved one’s voice.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing examination with us right away.